It tastes good honey, it really does


As some might know, I recently got married. My new name is Jill Perlberg (married to Tom Perlberg). Well, we just got back from our honeymoon and decided to give one of our wedding gifts a try. We received a HUGE 4-burner Kenmore grill from Tommy's cousins.

So I put together some fantastic Chicken Kabobs (chicken, pineapple, onion, red pepper, green pepper, tomato) and got them ready for Tommy to cook. I headed out to the nail salon for a quick fill and told him I'd be back in 45 min.

Upon returning, Tommy asks, "Do you think the kabobs are done?", I didn't realize it was a rhetorical question. There on our brand new stainless steel grill were the most burnt pieces of chicken and veges I'd ever seen.

I guess the old saying that men will be nice and compliment a wife's cooking as she learns to be a good cook needs to be modified. Since Tommy and I have been together for over 7 years, we've had our share errible meals and joked about them, but I had to love that the first meal in marriage that totally sucked wasn't mine.

Needless to say, we ate jello for dinner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Case Study in The Power of Social Media :It's All About Relationships

Don't Treat Me Like a Doormat!

My New Favorite Snack: Winky Gel Bites