Wine and World Peace!


Its that time of the year when vacations begin and people start winding down for the year,or so you think. Why is it that each year you think year end will be easy, slow moving ,everyone else is off and then BAM! it hits you, the craziness of year-end.

I was sitting in a management meeting today and we were talking about Holiday coverage, how are we going to get everything done. The conversation goes, what is the highest priority, should we have so and so do it, but that person is already swamped and scheduled to be off the next two weeks. Can anyone else do it? nope it has to be that person. Then my boss in her straight from the hip style brought us back to reality....guys, we are building a website, the world isn't going to end.

But how do you know that????? Yes, the world is not going to end, but my work life could really be out of wack and then I'm a pain in the ass to be around.

Which is worse? Given the current economic situation and how we are all lucky to have jobs and for me, a job I really love, sometimes it does feel that the sky is falling. Senior Mgmt wants to know we are on track and under budget, we are concerned that everything is in place and we're doing more with less.

Then you reach the point where all you want to do is turn it all off, have a glass of wine and enjoy a night with your fiance without thinking of work in the back of your mind.


Tomorrow, the world will not be over and I'll start the day fresh thinking of the best way to solve world peace (that is in my world).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Case Study in The Power of Social Media :It's All About Relationships

My New Favorite Snack: Winky Gel Bites

Don't Treat Me Like a Doormat!